Saturday, March 10, 2007

pocket cookbook


I needed to come up with a project for the Young Women's activity this week. They said they wanted to cook, so we made sugar cookies and these pocket cookbooks. I think they turned out pretty cute and now they have a place to start their collection of favorite recipes.

I like the way it makes the recipes I love accessible. It also motivates me to collect more and try out new things. For me it seems like desserts are easier to come up with than main dishes. For dinner Dave and I rotate through something pasta, something chicken, and variations on baked potatoes quite often. I think it's time to branch out. I know it would help if I started to think about dinner before I got hungry.

So this is the BEST caramel popcorn EVER. It's my friend Annie's mom's recipe. Make it, and share it with all your friends, you won't be sorry.

No comments: