Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween: when less is more...


BeeBee Bo Bee never did get a body. I stuck his head in a flower pot. He didn't seem to mind. The pumpkin never got carved. I put out some little jack o' lantern candles instead.

I managed to pull on my witch stockings and shoes. We ate scrambled eggs wrapped in toast on the porch as trick-or-treaters arrived. Dave took our little koala around, but I think he had the most fun back at home passing out candy.

The weather was perfect for the night's festivities, for the last big neighborlly hello before winter sets in. Essentially, we hung out as a family on the candle lit porch and drank hot chocolate.

It was just right.

5 comments:

Jen I said...

Perfect. If only we had a porch. Or a house for that matter!

Annie said...

That sounds wonderful. And you're right, being a witch is a easy and fun.

Jessie said...

That does sound nice. You know, I've found that I prefer the pumpkins uncarved. We had one of each.

jessica said...

I'm so glad you're my cousin! That little boy Malcom is just a doll. I've lost your email and have been wanting to talk-drop me a line sometime.

Natalie Sue said...

Happy Halloween! What a cute little Koala.