Tuesday, July 10, 2007

yard sale finds


Check out these charming chairs I bought at a yard sale Saturday. They are metal and I am in love. Such character. The woman selling them thinks they are from the 30's or 40's (?). They just need some fresh paint and new rubber feet. I can see great things for these chairs. The problem with "seeing potential" in cast off furniture means I get a lot of projects lined up for myself.

Such as this.

(Sorry the picture is turned, I don't know why it does this, or how to fix it.)
Painted white, it will be my yarn shelf. I've already taken off the door, and I'm not sure it is going to make its way back on again. We'll see.
And I can't forget about the fabulous solid wood desk in the garage, waiting so patently for some attention.
I need to get ORGANIZED so that I can use my energies, and Malcolm's nap times, for these projects. I bought another journal that I can dedicate to the house and yard. I have started to fill it. Each space gets its own page - kitchen, 1/2 bath, entry, etc. and then I list all that I would like to have happen. It is amazing to me how fast these lists form. It feels good to get them on paper rather than continually rattling around in my brain.
Today I played with Malcolm, took a nap, bought groceries, cleaned a toilet, and cut back some of the plants in the front yard that are plotting to take over the world. "Living the dream, living the dream."

No comments: